Labor Day! Camping! You’re camping, right? I went camping last weekend (because I have other very important plans this weekend). So here are some of my insta-photos from that camping trip, plus a lil’ camp-food round up for ya!
…Oh, what are my very important plans, you ask? Well…since you asked…OMG you guys. Deathcab is playing Transatlanticism in full at Bumbershoot!!! AAHH! I’ve actually never been to Bumbershoot… I’m not a big music-festival fan. I mean, I like music. I like festivals. But, the crowds and stuff. I don’t know. I just don’t know. Wait… I’m not even sure I like festivals.
Anyway, Transatlanticism!!! Are you dying yet!? I am. That album was the soundtrack of my freshman year in college (which was 10 years ago…I’m old now). The. Soundtrack. Aside from Get Low—which I’m embarrassed to admit was my dance-party JAM that year (to the windows, to the walls!)—the most defining moments of my first two years of college include Ben Gibbard.
I’m not even kidding. Evan and I broke up to a song from that album two days after we first started dating. Tiny Vessels. How emo, right? Is emo even a thing anymore? And the Transatlanticism tour is the first show we ever went to together. At the Showbox. My friend V and I wore matching outfits to that show, which is kind of weird, right? So anyway, I’m going with Evan and his twinsie Mark. It’s going to be epic. We might cry. All 3 of us. I can’t wait. I’m freaking out a little.
Ok. Camping. GO!
- This video and Camp Cobbler from Happy Yolks kills me (in a good way).
- There’s some serious gourmet action happening with these 16 camping dinners from Sunset Magazine.
- I wish I knew about these camp-fire burritos last weekend!
- Retro camping photos are the best, check out this retro-camp-coffee cake.
- Forget everything above, and just make foil-packet dinners (which I call Girl Scout Packets, from my days at Girl Scout Camp). Need ideas? Here are 50 of ‘em.
- Sweet Paul’s bread on a stick… bread on one stick, hot dog on the other. Ammiright?
- I assume that Portland chefs know a thing or two about camping. Also… paella.
PS. If you make s’mores, please put berries in them. Fresh picked huckleberries if you can.