Every single thing that these guys do makes me love them even more! Sherm, being a straight up team player, and, let's face it, total boss. BeastMode, being so charming and adorable I just want to watch cat videos with him all day. You guys! I mean, they're awesome players and everything, but what I love is that they're are actually trying to make a statement and change some of the shittier things in the NFL (for the better), rather than just sitting back and accepting the status quo. LOVE. Also, they're Hawks, so I love that too.
Whether you’re one of the good guys (the Seahawks), a Patriot, or someone who watches only for the commercials, food, and drinks, I think these meaty (ahem, beasty) snacks and bites are perfect for your SB party! Or your snow-day party. Or your Wednesday night.
Pigs 'n a Blanket with Grilled Onion Cream Cheese Dip: Just like a Seattle style street dog, these little bite-sized snacks combine dogs, cream cheese, and grill onions. Plus jalapenos, if you like to bring the heat.
Beastmode Hawk-Wing Pizza AKA: Buffalo Chicken Pizza: My favorite pizza. Spicy, sweet, saucy buffalo chicken, with gooey melted cheese, a lil' blue cheese drizzle, and celery leaves to round it out.
Smoked Salmon Dip: This dip is creamy and smoky, with a little bite from the horseradish. Perfect for crackers, veggies, or a spoon!
Carnitas (for tacos or nachos!): No one says no to carnitas. Especially my recipe... just sayin, you won't regret bringing this to a gathering. You'll only regret not setting some aside at home for later.
Hawaiian Sliders: With half the country buried under snow, this year's Super Bowl is the perfect excuse to make something tropical, to remind you of sunny days ahead!
White Chicken Chili: Likewise, snowy weather is also a great opportunity to hunker down with a bowl of hot, comforting chili. A big pot of chili is a SB no-brainer.
BBQ pulled pork hand pies: These are a little more involved, but they're great make-ahead game day food. Also, you could make them football shaped!
Shredded beef (for tacos or nachos!): This spicy, tangy shredded beef is just begging to be on top of a pile of tortilla chips with black beans, melted cheese, and some fresh avocado.
Other drool-worthy SB recipes from around the blogosphere:
- Stephanie kills it with the best looking mashups ever. California roll nachos and pulled pork banh mi tacos are things I need in my life, like, daily.
- Molly shared a BBQ chicken nacho recipe from her book, plus a classy SB line up including meatballs... girlfriend knows how to party!
- Tieghan posted a lineup of 26 "dude-food" recipes, and I can't even make it all the way through the list because I keep stopping on the chipotle cajun shrimp and guac pizza.
- Emily shared this fried hot dog + egg sammy for the big game. I don't even like hot dogs, but these look amazing... maybe I'll try 'em with spam instead!
- The gals at Spoon Fork Bacon have the cutest tiniest bloomin' onions ever! Related: one time Evan accidentally selected cippollini onions instead of brown/yellow onions at the self-checkout and we paid like $7 for 1 boring-ass standard onion.
- Mandy's recipes always look rich, flavorful, and a little bit insane. In the best way possible. Can we just talk about her hot wings and her baguette sub for a minute!?
And, in case you missed it, these ChampionChip Cookies are a must: pretzels, dark chocolate, butterscotch, M&Ms. BOOM. (Legion of Boom, obvi).