Monday, January 28, 2013

Super Bowl Line-up

I’ve played softball my entire life. I played volleyball for years. I played basketball in middle school (I never scored once in the two years I played, but I did win a half-time 3-pointer contest once). I was a cheerleader and dated the quarterback (I went to the smallest high school on Earth, so that probably doesn’t mean what it does at big schools, but feel free to picture a Friday Night Lights/ Tim Riggins scenario…Texas forever).

You would think I’d be a sports-minded individual. But, regardless of how much time I spent on the field or the court, I’m the girl that yells touch-down at a soccer game, doesn’t know what 1st down means (is that even a thing?), and pulls muscles warming up for recreational kick-ball. What I lack in ability or knowledge, I make up for in competitiveness and spirit.

In high school, I always won the spirit award. That pretty much means that I’m the most committed and determined player out there, even though I can’t score a point to save my life. I’m the same way with watching sports. I want my teams to win… I want them to win so badly that I scream until I’m hoarse and I literally feel sick if we lose. But if my teams aren’t playing, then I could care less.

The Seahawks lost a few weeks ago, and then I stopped following football. I don’t even know who’s playing in the Super Bowl. I don’t even know if I’ll watch it. I do know that I’ll make some delicious snacks, wear sweatpants, and drink beer. I think the grown-up version of the spirit award goes to whoever makes the best chicken wings.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

If you want to get in on some of that spirit, here’s an award winning line-up. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.
SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig