Thursday, June 9, 2011

Birthday Cake for Dinner

Now that I’m on the downhill slope to 30, I guess I should start acting like a grown up, which is ok…I like being a grown up. When I get home from work, before even taking off my heels, I can dive into a giant piece of leftover chocolate birthday cake with coconut cream cheese frosting. Since I’m a grown up, no one can tell me it’s going to spoil my dinner. Hell, this is my dinner…I like that.


I also like being a grown up because I’m going to Vegas this weekend, for a bachelorette party in honor of one of my favorite gals ever! That is strictly grown up behavior. I’m even going to have a cocktail before lunch… maybe even before breakfast. Total grown up move, right? When you’re a kid you can’t do that, when you’re in college you do that a lot, but it’s so childish. When you’re 26, you get to have a drink at 10 in the morning, and call it grown-uppy. Because I mean, you're still paying bills and fulfulling responsibilities, and what not.



What I don’t like about being a grown up, however, is that no one was there to stop me from eating several giant pieces of delicious, dense, buttery chocolate birthday cake three days before I have to fit into a bikini. I would advise against this type of grown up behavior, folks. But, who am I to tell you what to do? Us grown ups, we have to make to make decisions for ourselves. So, if you decide that eating the richest chocolate cake around is the best choice for you, you can make this cake, with this frosting, like Amanda did for my birthday. Your thighs will regret it, but your taste buds will not.
SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig