Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to Normal

Is it really over!?




I'm talking about Brit's wedding, in case you're wondering. After only 2 months of wedding planning (what!?) Brit and Art tied the knot yesterday in a beautiful ceremony overlooking the sound. Seriously, I feel like I just got married or something! Brit was the first of my friends to get hitched, and it truly made me understand why some brides become Bridezillas (Brit was not one of these brides). I feel like a bridesmaid-zilla here, and I wasn't even the right-hand-gal (M.O.H.-Amanda).



For the past month and a half everything has been wedding, wedding, wedding as we helped Brit prepare for her special day... From an amazing Bridal Shower Amanda put together, to a crazy blow-up doll filled bachelorette party, to a bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, and finally wedding day, things around here have been non-stop wedding.

And lovely and fun as it was...having a Sunday with zero plans felt AMAZING. As the newly weds took off for a honeymoon in the Bahamas, Evan and I slept in and lolly gagged around the house in our pjs, walked to Blue Dog for brunch, strolled through the farmer's market, took naps and watched movies, and had an all around laid back Sunday. To celebrate having time to play in my still-new kitchen (but still wanting to take it easy and relax), I made 5-mushroom burgers, a green salad with juicy garden tomatoes (from Mel) and bleu cheese dressing, and sliced pears.





For the burgers (portobello burgers, to be exact) I grilled up 2 big meaty 'bellos with a little olive oil, salt/pepper, and teriyaki sauce. I topped those with a 4-mushroom sauté consisting of shitakes, chanterelles, lobster mushrooms, and oyster mushrooms- all sautéed up in butter to a golden chewy brown.
The burgers got a layer of melty Swiss before being sandwiched between toasted onion buns, the teriyaki and buttery sauces dripping with every bite. MMmm, that's my kinda Sunday.




SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig