This weekend is two of my favorite events of the year: Ragnar Relay (my 6th year!) and Burning Beast. Next weekend we’re hiking/camping for Amanda’s birthday, and the following weekend is…wait for it… my bachelorette party weekend! In Sonoma!
Um, also…did I mention that Evan and my wedding is in 2.5 months!? Where did the time go!? At this point, we mostly just need to pull together some last minute decorations and things. We have each other and we have the food, so that’s really all that matters in the end. Oh, but we’re having a helluva time picking out the aisle song. We love music and want it to be something special, but most of the bands we love sing about the opposite of happiness and love. Maybe you can help: I love classic rock (think CCR, Stones), bluegrass, Lana Del Rey, and Miley (don’t hate). Evan loves electronic music & Elliot Smith. Together, we’re bigtime fans of DCFC, Colin Meloy, and Neutral Milk Hotel. Annnnd, go!
So anyway, with all I have going on lately, I’ve been living off of quick salads. Not even exciting ones. I know that’s kind of boring, but it’s true. Sometimes I toss some chicken on the grill and then put that in the salad, or maybe I’ll throw the whole thing in a tortilla, and call it dinner. I’ve been so busy and it’s so warm out that I’ve just had no energy to put together a real dinner. I think Evan loves it, because it means he can eat out whatever and whenever and I just don’t care. The Korean place around the corner probably loves it too, because Evan’s been a very frequent customer (sidenote: their grilled pork & kimchi sandwich is insane, and I’ll probably need to recreate it for you sometime soon!).
Summer’s a busy time, man. If you’re also living off salads, here’s a little inspiration from the archives:
- Warm Potato Salad with Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Spicy Sesame Soba Salad with Tofu
- Avocado & Orange Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing
- Tuna & Whitebean Salad with Tomatoes & Kalamata Olives
- Wheatberry Salad with Avocados, Strawberries, & Caramelized Shallots
- Fried Green Tomato Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Burrito Bowl Salad
And a few from the interwebz:
- Sweet corn, peach, and cherry salad with creamy goat cheese and a lime dressing from Flourishing Foodie
- Octavia’s Warm Shrimp Salad with Cantaloupe & Feta from Dunk & Crumble
- Grilled Peach and Haloumi Salad from A Cozy Kitchen
- Char-Siu Chicken Bún Bowls from The Pig and Quill (basically a salad...right?)