Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just to Tempt Your Tastebuds

I don't have a cute story, or a funny anecdote, or a thought-provoking byline about this one. Just some pictures of a really good breakfast I made with what little ingredients I had on hand. What can I say... life isn't always a hilarious wine induced 9 course dinner... but if you're lucky it can almost always be delicious!


I had very little food in the kitchen... about 4 limp asparagus spears in the fridge without much life left in them, 1 too soft tomato, 1 piece of wheat bread (the heel), a couple of eggs, a half block of parmesan cheese, and the remnants of a container of Trader Joe's pesto. I grilled the bread in a skillet of butter. Poached the eggs. Broiled the tomato slices and asparagus spears with a little olive oil and some thyme that I had dried from my parents garden. Made a Parmesan crisp by dumping a handful of grated parm into a hot skillet (I got the idea from Amanda, who once made parmesan crisp bowls for salads!) Stacked. Drizzled the whole thing with pesto (which I had to resuscitate with some extra olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar)...


and voila. Breakfast is served!

SHARE:
© Loves Food, Loves to Eat. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig